Follower

Montag, Jänner 07, 2008

New Year's eve in Helsinki and the way back

Hei my friends, it took me a bit longer than expected, but now I try to write the missing blog entries. For the summary about my study abroad in Finland you have to wait one more entry.

Ok, first I will tell you something about the New Years Eve in Helsinki. My friends (Maxx, Roland) and I, Roman and his friends Thomas and Martin, we went on 31st to Helsinki to celebrate New Years Eve.

After checking in at the Hotel (Arthur) near the center, we relaxed first to have enough power for the rest of the night. After lunch we went at 2030 to the senators square to check the place because the main event was there. At this time there were not even one person there, so we went to the center to go to a pub and drink some. We stayed there for nearly 3 hours and played also some card game.

Afterwards we went back to the place, and we were not alone, thousands of Fins joined us and when we arrived at the square some thousands of people were there. I would guess that there were more then 10000 people.

There was some live music and show and at midnight after the countdown the firework show started. It was very nice in my opinion, the only strange thing was, that there was not even one stall where you can buy alcoholic drinks. Every Fin knew that and brought own drinks, we didn't ;(

We made a lot of nice photos and a lot of even nicer videos, but I haven't got them yet. I will publish them when I have them.

After the show we went back to a beer bar where we celebrate again new years eve at 100, the new years eve from Austria ;)
The night ended at the entrance of a nightclub, where the entry fee would have been 7€ even when it was only possible to buy drinks for half an hour more, lol.

UPDATE: Late, but I didn't forget, the videos from New Year in Helsinki (sorry no time and no motivation to mix it with music):

The countdown and firework:



After the countdown second part of the firework:



The days after we spent with a lot of shopping, I spent hell lot of money on souvenirs.
At the 2nd of January we went back. First with the ferry from Helsinki to Travemünde (Germany), which took 27hours and was a "ride on the wild side", because the sea was quite rough. We arrived on 3rd of January at 20 o'clock and had to stay there until the next day, because the car trains leave at 1930 from Hamburg Altona. We stayed at a private room and went to Hamburg on the next day to do some final shopping. At 1930 we left with the car train and arrived on 5.1 at 900 o'clock in Vienna. After breakfast in the Pertl's residence (thanks a lot) I drove home. I arrived, ... maybe more with the body than with the mind (at the moment).

Keine Kommentare: