Follower

Mittwoch, April 30, 2008

Security Forum

Every year, the Hagenberger Circle hosts the Security Forum. I'm a member of this organization and therefor I was there too, of course.

This year I was a bit late, because I thought it will be on the next day *gg*. But finally I arrived, ready for the lunch break. I met a lot of nice people and I talked a lot. Actually I liked those conversations more than the presentations. This year the mix of the presentations was not that good. Too much management presentation, but not security management, I mean business economics. (my opinion)
And I think the topics have been too shallow. That was also some feedback I got from some other visitors. But next year it will get better, that's for sure.

However, I visited the OSSTMM and the Business Malware presentation. In the first presentation the time was way too short to get an impression. The presenter always said how important Security Performance Indicators are, but unfortunately he never showed how this indicator looks like. So there where more questions marks afterwards than before. The Malware presentation from Kaspersky was interesting, but one of those presentation with to much economics in it.

To get an impression how this years Security Forum looked like, here some photos:




You can find more pictures and the presentations on the Homepage of the SecurityForum.

Keine Kommentare: