Follower

Montag, Oktober 29, 2007

Weekend report and upcoming Trip

Another weekend is over and for those who don't know, we are in Finland now since 3 months and we will stay 2 months more. We didn't really celebrate the half-time so far, but i tried to combine the birthday party form Michael (Poland) last Friday with my half-time anniversary. I know that it is already more then half, but hei, there is always a reason to celebrate.

As i already mentioned there was a birthday party on Friday. Fortunately it was in our home area Karankokatu in a common room. This rooms are for rent. They include a kitchen and couches, tables and so on... It was the first time that someone rented the common room here, as far as i know, because Karankokatu is the only student home where you have to pay to rent the common room. (10€)

There where about 40 people, so you can imagine that the party was really good, i enjoyed it a lot. A lot of those 40 people went also to the nightclub or city center, but other ones, including me stood in the common room and partied on. So in the end we were about 15 people left and the party ended for me at 330. Normally the common rooms have to close at midnight, but who cares ;), one reason why the house elder was invited *gg*

On Saturday i stood up at noon, and the first thing i had to do, was getting rid of Jehovas Witnesses. I didn't know that the have them here, but as you see, they have, and they are the same annoying as they are in Austria.
The rest of the day i spent with doing nothing. Ok, not the whole day. At the evening i read a bit out of BS25999 for my pre-master project.

On Sunday i spent some time with reading about BOINC, which is our topic in Parallel Computing. I didn't really start writing so far, but i have to get some input first. Roman already started to write, but he is a bit party lazy the last days/weeks, so he has nothing else to do *gg*.
I also thought he got maybe a bit depressed, but he looks ok, but i will watch you Roman ;)
I will do more this week, because we have to finish the Seminar-work until 9.11.

What else is new? Easy, new lectures started today. I now attend "Presenting in English", "Finnish for Foreigners 2" and the ongoing lecture "Parallel Computing". As you can see, i do more then I had originally planned, I don't really now why, but hei! it's just for fun!!!

This Thursday I will go to St. Petersburg. This trip is organized by the Student-Union and a Travel agency. I'm really looking forward to this trip, i waited a long time to do this !!! And another great thing is, that my friends, or let's say some of my friends, from Joensuu are on this trip as well. GREAT!!!
So you will hear nothing from me beginning with Thursday to Sunday. I will make a report as soon as I'm back from St. Petersburg.

Keine Kommentare: