Follower

Dienstag, September 18, 2007

How to find some new international friends

A study abroad is a very good way to get to know people from around the globe. I am really enjoying it and there is no week without knowing new people.
Here in Lappeenranta it is my first change to meet non-European people. I really wanna know some Asian people, because I'm very interesting in their way of life.

Finally I found a new friend from China, but not in the way I expected, so here is the story how i get to know him:
It started last Friday. The internet connection was gone while I'm speaking on Skype with a friend in Austria. After I reconnect, everything was slow and I had a lot of connection losses. On Saturday it was the same, so i decided to install Linux to check what the hell is going on in our network.

The bad surprise was a man in the middle attack, someone spoofed the gateway. After trying to get rid of him with some tools from Ettercap, we (Roman and I) decided to write an E-Mail to all the exchange students from our place. On reason for that was, that we do not think that the person doing it on purpose, we think it is a trojan.

So, after a while we got a mail with an apologize in it and guess what, I met my first Chinese person here in Finland, because the mail came from a Chinese. So only virtual at the moment. Finally i met one, ok it was not the way I expected......

Later on we found out that a lot of the international people don't even use a antivirus client. This is quite a strange method to get to know new people...

Keine Kommentare: