Follower

Dienstag, November 06, 2007

St. Petersburg – Day 4 - the last day

Wake up time was at 830 o’clock. After a nice breakfast I bought me the last Souvenirs in the hotel and I also sent some postcards to Austria. (breakfast photo is from another day)


After packing my stuff, including a hotel towel (oops *g*), I went down to check-out. Nearly all were already in the bus and the other busses have already left, we still waited for four people. Two Polish guys (Bonzcek and Szimon) and two German guys were still missing. Bonczek and Szimon came after a couple of minutes, but the others didn’t, because they felt asleep again *gg*. So Robert woke them up, they hadn’t even packed their stuff so far. I think we left half an hour too late.

The next stop was at a huge supermarket in Vyborg, where we bought food and alcohol for taking home. I bought me a bottle of Vodka with two glasses and 48 0.5 litre cans of Russian beer and last but not least a carton of cigarettes. Of course this was not for me; I just took it to sell it in Finland for hopefully a good price. Whoever wants some Marlboro lights, make me an offer between 2 and 3 Euros per package.

After passing the first Russian checkpoint we came again to the border house. It was really bad, because we had three other busses before us. It took hell lot of time to pass all the checkpoints and the border, I think this time we had been checked four times.

In the No-Man’s land between the borders we had the last change to buy some stuff in a duty-free shop. They also had Finnish beer there and it cost half of the price in Finland. At the Finnish border we waited again ‘til it was our turn. Normally the Finnish border patrol check all the luggage for too much alcohol and cigarettes, but in our case they didn’t even check one bag. That’s why we were quite fast through the check.

At 19 o’clock we arrived in Lappeenranta where I have to remove a lot of frost from the glass of my car. After heading home I spent some time on my computer, but I felt asleep quite soon.

As resume I want to say:
St. Petersburg is a very beautiful town for sightseeing and clubbing. It is surely not the cheapest place in Russia, but in comparison to other countries, like Finland, it is still quite cheap. The trip was very well organized and the stuff was nice. The hotel also was nice and the people from three different universities also did their best to make this weekend to one of the best weekends in this semester. Thanks a lot!

Money I spent in 4 days:
159€ for the trip including the hotel (double room)
45€ for the Visa
82€ for the optional program (20€ Russian dinner, 20€ Catherine palace, 15€ River and canal cruise, 7€ State Hermitage, 7€ St. Isaacs, 7€ Cathedral of the Resurrection, 6€ photo admissions)
200€ for the rest, like souvenirs, clubbing, eating, alcohol, metro, and so on...

Keine Kommentare: