Follower

Mittwoch, August 08, 2007

The second Day EILC

Hei,

this is my first blog entry in english. There are two reasons why i wanna do this. First of course to improve my english, but i also wanna give my friends here in Finland the possibility to read what i have written :)

So, if there is any mistake you find, feel free to correct me, but please not in the commentsection, per ICQ or Skype would be better :)

Ok, let's go back to the topic. The second day EILC was quite challenging. Because we have started the first real finnish grammar session. We also got our first homework, we have to look up some stuff you can buy in a shop, like kiiwi, banaani, olut, jogurtti,...... of course those was the easiest ones to find, you can imagine.

We also did the basic stuff about numbers. And believe me, that's really funny. I write you down my Birthday in finnish words, watch that:

"kahdeksan . yhdeksän . tuhatyhdeksänsataseitsemänkymmentäkolme" --> 8.9.1973 *bg*
And yes i know that i'm the oldest one, except Tapio.

That's not all we did, but all i write down, i don't think that you wanna learn finnish with us *g*

So what did we do the rest of the day. Magda wanted to party (again *g*), so we decided to meet at the beach. We met there at 16 o'clock, because we have the official welcome party at 1800.

When you think of finland, you surely never think of beaches. But i can guarantee you, the beaches here are really fantastic and the water is just fine. I didn't have my swimming stuff with me, but someone (you can guess who it was), gave me a taste of it ;) (Of course i got my revenge *gg*) We just enjoyed the sun and the beachfeeling and afterwards we went to the official welcome party at the university.

There we'd listen to some finnisch traditionell music, with an instrument called "kandalla" (i hope i write it correctly). It was a very beautiful music, but the performer also played some modern stuff on it like metallica, real cool. Some speeches and a free meal later, it was 2100 and over.

But of course not over for this day. We all get together at a bar, which is on a boat (boat bar?), whatever, this is a very nice place to have some olut, äh beer.
After that i walked(!) home, with my bike.... yeah, i walked. Why? Because i cycled the whole day about 15kms, and believe me, my ass said, no more bike for today. :) The walk took me about 45 minutes i guess. Yes, some downhills i used my bike, so that's why i was so "fast".

I decided to repair my bike before i use it again, cause i need some air in my back tire. (but it does not work with a pump, already tried) But's ok, the day was finished, and believe me, theres enough to talk about the next day, but that will be a new entry.

Hopefully my english is not too bad, for my german friends it's time to refresh your english *gg*.
The photos of the day will be soon (i hope so) in my gallery.

ps.: internet is working now

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

yeah brain goes downhill biking :) [by firestarter]